The Adena BankThe large two-story building was built in 1913 on the corner of Bridge and Main streets.
When the safe for the brick bank building was brought in on the railroad, it was hauled across the creek from the railroad by horse and wagon instead
of taking it across the wooden bridge. It was also too high to go through the bridge. Whenever there was something too big for the bridge, it was transported through the
old football field and crossed the creek onto Main street. The bank closed in the late 20's when the stock market crashed. A new private Peoples National Bank opened and a new building was set up in the 70's directly adjacent to this building on the corner of
Bridge and E. Main Streets. The Peoples Naitonal Bank have three branches, Adena, Dillonvale, and Mt. Pleasant.